How we support clinicians
Many Certified Prosthetists & Orthotists (CPOs) have great social and technical skills, but lack the business skills needed to run a viable clinic. Also, they struggle to meet the compliance requirements. As a result, quality orthopedic services are highly centralized in the main urban cities.
This is why we support the CPOs with all areas of operational and commercial activities, including but not limited to, providing tools, manuals, checklists, start-up capital and tailored advise.
carewithinreach only works with certified and experienced CPOs who comply with the following criteria:
- Have obtained an internationally accredited diploma in Prosthetics and Orthotics.
- Have received a Development and Adaptation of Orthotics and Prosthetics, equivalent to Category I or Category II (ISPO).
- Have a minimum of 4 years of working experience in working in orthopedic establishments that produce orthopedic technology.
- Have the ability to work independently and run their own business
- Have great technical as well as people skills.
Colombia is one of only three countries in Latin-America who provide training to become a CPO. Therefore, there are adequate numbers of people trained in manufacturing comfortable orthoses and prostheses, who have an ISPO (International Society for Prosthetists and Orthotist) Diploma.